Take advantage of our extensive expertise for all kinds of Medical Devices, including both the automated assembly and handling solutions. We are proud to be able to offer you standard as well as highly customized solutions ranging from low to high volumes, while always staying flexible and innovative.
Standard Autoinjectors – Assembly
We are very proud to present our new standard autoinjector assembly system for any common three-piece autoinjector with scalable output rates between 20ppm and 120ppm.
It is a low-cost solution with shorter delivery times, optimized foot print, lowered power/air usage and minimum maintenance needs. Although it is standardized, we made sure that it remains highly flexible and scalable in terms of output rates, component loading options, accommodating additional components or processes, and handling different syringe types (round and cut flange syringes).
- Scalable Output Rate: 20 -120 ppm
- MOEE ≥ 95%
- Reject Rate ≤ 1%
- Cleanroom Class.: ISO 8
- Footprint: 8m x 5m (for 120ppm)
- Manufacturing Intelligence: Illuminate Base Module (OEE Monitoring)
- Conveyance System: ATS SuperTrak™ GEN3
Low Volume Autoinjectors – Assembly
Our ATS Low Volume Injector Assembly Cell is a semi-automated, servo-driven cell that uses force-displayment feedback to ensure proper device assembly of autoinjectors. The tabletop system is designed for assembling the syringe, syringe unit and drive unit into an autoinjector. It enables our customers to pre-test, verify and validate the assembly of their autoinjectors on a semi-automatic system.
Autoinjectors – Handling
At ATS Life Sciences, we are not only experts in the area of assembling autoinjectors, but also offer solutions for the required handling processes. Our infeed line for labelling and packaging purposes combines various process steps like infeed of trays full with autoinjectors, unloading of trays, transfer of autoinjectors from horizontal to vertical position and transport to the labelling and packaging station. The system is highly flexible regarding process steps, output rates and speed.
Palletizer Station – Clearliner 1000
- Tray sizes: 300 x 400 mm up to 600 x 800 mm
- Workpiece/Tray weight: up to 30 kg
- Pallet weight: up to 750 kg
- Height of tray stack: max. 1200 mm
- Processing time: > 15 sec
- Stack transfer: Conveyor belt, dumping ground
- Footprint: 3300 x 2500 x 2700 mm
Transport station – Cleantrak
- Transport: 30 x 30 up to 60 x 60 mm
- Cleanroom class: ISO 8
- Transport speed: 9 up to 32 m/min.
- Maximum nest weight: 5kg
- Maximum total load: 30 kg
Pen – Assembly
At ATS, we have completed several very successful projects for different parts of a pen. Our expertise ranges from the pre-assembly of the mechanic part (consists out of 8 to 12 components), over the pre-assembly of the pen cannula (cannula-hub glued with cannula, protection cap and sealed container) to the final assembly of the pen (mechanic part, carpool and cap with clip).
Glass Syringes – Assembly
With 50 successful projects on glass syringes and new our unique patent for UV-adhesive curing, we are proud to call ourselves a global leader in this segment. We can handle different variations of syringes and are especially involved in respect to the pre-assembly of a glass syringes (glass barrel with cannula).
Glass Syringes – Handling
Glass syringes require very sensitive handling due to the material, shape and contents. The Clearliner is the perfect solution for syringe handling from 1ml to 3ml and offers a capacity of 420 parts per minute. The syringes are fed to the machine either in a nest or in trays.
- Output: up to 420 parts/min
- Workpiece: Syringes 1ml to 3ml
- Feeding: Tub/Nest or trays
- Dimensions Clearliner Types:
- CL400TNS: 3800 x 2400 mm
- CL400RS: 2500 x 3700 mm
- CL400TN: 1600 x 1500 mm
- CL400R: 2600 x 2000 mm
- Flexible conversion for many variants
- No glass-to-glass contact
- Different possibilities with handling of empty containers
- Extendable with printing Tub or Trays
- Expandable with completeness check in tube or tray
- Can be equipped with flexible workpiece carrier system (puck system) without conversion for variants as well as connection to continuous material flow
Plastic Syringes – Assembly
We have designed and built automated systems for various plastic syringe types like single-use, multiple-use or autodestruct. We cover the pre-assembly of a plastic syringe with cannula, as well as the final assembly of multi-component plastic syringes (4-8 or 8-12 components) for the variants autodestruct or rectractable.
IV-Catheters – Assembly
In the area of IV catheters, we provide an extensive range of process steps, with a special focus on the final assembly of multi-component plastic IV-catheters that consist out of 8 to 12 components, like housing, butterfly, batheter, eyelet, cannula, cannula hub, tube, side cap, protection cap, and label, etc.
Tube Sets – Assembly
Looking for an assembly solution for tube sets? At ATS Life Sciences, we are market leaders in the final assembly of multi component tube sets and their specific individual parts, that consist out of 4 to 8 components. These include for example straight or tubing coils, drip chambers, spikes, bags, caps, luer locks, clamps, vents and stop cocks, etc.
- Part Rate: 16 – 80 ppm
- Footprint: 18 – 50 sqm
- Cycle Time: 16 – 40 cycles/min
- Number of Tracks: 1 or 2
- Tube Set Type: Straight, coiled or mulit-segment coils
- Tube Set Dimensions: 2,0 – 12 mm OD; 75 – 300 mm length
- Tube Materials: PVC, Silicone, PU
- Joining Methods: Press Seat, Adhesive (UV-glue), Solvent (Cyclohexanone, Isopropyl)
- Controls: Siemens, Rockwell
- Options: Vision systems, Flow test, Pull test
Your specific product was not explicitly mentioned or detailed above?
NO PROBLEM! We are sure to have just the right innovative customized solution for you!